Published Apr 4th
Prep 25m Cook 55m Additional - Ready In 80m
Servings 6 servings Calories 359.3
This Moroccan chickpea stew is super flavorful, warm, hearty, easy to make, cheap, and to top if off, really good for you. Give it a try!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste, divided
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅓ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon hummus spread
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2 Spread cherry tomatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over tomatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- 3 Roast in the preheated oven until tomatoes blister and pop and skins start to char, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds. Add tomatoes and green chiles; bring to a boil. Reduce stew to a simmer and add chickpeas. Add the cherry tomatoes and their juices. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5 While stew simmers, bring 3 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6 Mix Greek yogurt, hummus, 1 tablespoon water, and vinegar together to make the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7 Serve the stew over quinoa. Top with the yogurt sauce, green onions, and cilantro.
- Calories 359.3
- Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Fat 11.3 g
- Fiber 8.6 g
- Protein 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Sodium 1022.4 mg
- Sugar 3.6 g