My mom says it tastes like mushroom stuffing, a real comfort food for her. The Italian dressing gives it great flavor, the breadcrumbs add texture, and the melted mozzarella completes the yummy dish.
- 1 pound fresh button mushrooms, sliced into thirds
- ½ cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Dip each slice of mushroom in the salad dressing, then into the bread crumbs. Layer the coated mushroom slices into a 2 quart casserole dish. Pour in any remaining dressing (or even more if you like), and sprinkle with any remaining breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- 3 Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Calories 364.5
- Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Fat 19.2 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Sodium 1272.5 mg
- Sugar 6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.