- Published Feb 27th
- Ready In1h 15m
Ms B’s Spinach-Topped Tomatoes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Ms B’s Spinach-Topped Tomatoes for 6 servings:
- 3 large tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or as needed
Ms B’s Spinach-Topped Tomatoes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Ms B’s Spinach-Topped Tomatoes, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Ms B’s Spinach-Topped Tomatoes is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Ms B’s Spinach-Topped Tomatoes within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Ms B’s Spinach-Topped Tomatoes easily:
- 1 Sprinkle the cut sides of the tomato halves with salt, and place cut sides down on paper towels for 15 minutes to drain.
- 2 Place frozen spinach, water, and chicken bouillon granules in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until spinach is tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Drain the spinach well.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place tomatoes, cut sides up, into a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- 4 Mix together the spinach, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, cornbread stuffing mix, melted butter, egg, onion, garlic, and black pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Mound the mixture on the cut tomato halves.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and hot, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle each tomato with about 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese, return to oven, and bake until the topping has browned, about 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 19.1 grams of fat; 24.3 grams of carbohydrates; 9.1 grams of protein; 76 milligrams of cholesterol; 1214 milligrams of sodium.