- Published Apr 8th
- Ready In40m
Delicious way to serve mussels. Dip crusty bread into sauce to complete the entree!
Mussels in White Wine Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mussels in White Wine Sauce for 4 servings:
- 4 cups mussels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 cups beef broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons anise-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon, juiced
Mussels in White Wine Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Mussels in White Wine Sauce, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mussels in White Wine Sauce is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Mussels in White Wine Sauce within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mussels in White Wine Sauce easily:
- 1 Soak mussels in a bowl of cold water for at least 10 minutes; remove from water and scrub with a stiff brush to remove dirt if needed. Remove beard using a sharp knife if needed.
- 2 Melt butter with the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir garlic and shallots until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup beef broth, anise-flavored liqueur, jalapeno pepper, and red chile pepper to garlic-shallot mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until peppers are softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Stir wine, remaining 1 cup beef broth, and basil into broth mixture; simmer.
- 4 Whisk light cream and cornstarch together in a bowl until cornstarch is dissolved; add to broth mixture and bring to a boil. Add mussels and lemon juice to boiling broth mixture and cover stockpot with a lid; cook until shells open, about 5 minutes. Discard any shells that didn't open.
- Cook's Note:
- Chopped tomatoes can be added when you add the peppers if desired. Although recipe calls for red chili pepper, I use green when I can't find the red.
Per Serving: 362 calories; 19.2 grams of fat; 15.9 grams of carbohydrates; 20.6 grams of protein; 67 milligrams of cholesterol; 876 milligrams of sodium.