This is a great pasta recipe with mussels. You can use all mussels or half mussels and half clams. Use as little or as much chile as you can stand.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 25 mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1 splash dry white wine
- 20 clams in shell, scrubbed
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, season with salt, and simmer over low heat until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 2 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and cook peeled garlic for 1 minute. Add mussels and cook until they open, about 8 minutes. Transfer mussels to a bowl. Pour in white wine and allow to evaporate. Remove garlic, but save cooking liquid.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate skillet and cook clams until they open, about 8 minutes. Remove 1/2 of the mussels and 1/2 of the clams from their shells. Discard any unopened shells. Add all mussels and clams, with and without shells, and cooking liquid to the tomato sauce. Season with red pepper flakes and simmer for a few minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and add spaghetti to tomato sauce. Mix in parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve with Parmesan on the side.
- Calories 282.7
- Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Fat 14.6 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Sodium 658.1 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.