This is an excellent way to serve mussels on the half shell. They are topped with a tangy blend of bell peppers and vinaigrette dressing. This makes a good for appetizer for a larger number of guests.
- 24 fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow bell peppers, seeded and diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 Bring one inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Add mussels, cover, and steam for 3 to 5 minutes, until they are all open. Drain. Remove one side of each shell, and arrange the open shelled mussels on a serving platter. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix together the red, yellow, and green bell peppers, olive oil, wine vinegar, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper. Spoon over the mussels on the shells. Refrigerate until serving.
- Calories 240.4
- Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Fat 20.4 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Sodium 389.4 mg
- Sugar 1.2 g