- Published Jun 1st
- Ready In4h 30m
My Favorite Pot Roast Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious My Favorite Pot Roast for 8 servings:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) beef pot roast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large potatoes, quartered
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
My Favorite Pot Roast Cooking Instructions
- Cook4h 10m
- Ready In4h 30m
To cook My Favorite Pot Roast, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this My Favorite Pot Roast is about 4 hours 10 minutes , and you can serve your My Favorite Pot Roast within 4 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook My Favorite Pot Roast easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2 Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook beef in Dutch oven until browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 3 Mix brown sugar, salt, mustard, and black pepper together in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over the roast. Arrange potatoes, carrots, and onion in the Dutch oven around the roast. Pour vinegar and water over the vegetables.
- 4 Place a cover on the Dutch oven and put in preheated oven. Cook until the roast is hot in the center, and just turning from pink to grey, about 4 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 150 degrees F (65 degrees C).
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 498 calories; 27.9 grams of fat; 31 grams of carbohydrates; 30.1 grams of protein; 103 milligrams of cholesterol; 962 milligrams of sodium.