A sure crowd pleaser, this recipe uses nacho cheese tortilla chips, tomatoes with green chile peppers and cream of mushroom soup. And for the finicky eater, you can use cream of celery soup instead. Serve with sour cream, or the toppings of your choice.
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) bag nacho-flavor tortilla chips
- 6 ounces processed cheese food, sliced
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a medium skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste; drain fat. Stir in diced tomatoes with green chile peppers and condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- 3 Cover the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking dish with nacho-flavor tortilla chips. Pour in the meat mixture. Top with remaining tortilla chips and about 12 slices of processed cheese food, or enough to cover the entire surface of the dish.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Calories 471.2
- Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Fat 28.8 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 22 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Sodium 1145.5 mg
- Sugar 4.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.