Natasha is my eldest daughter, and her eyes light up when I announce we’re having these for dinner. While my husband and I eat 1 or 2 each, she easily finishes at least 3! The onion can be finely chopped, but with three kids, we prefer grating it so as to hide it. I usually serve these with mashed potatoes and Caesar salad for a very comforting meal! Extra-lean ground chicken can be substituted with ground turkey with great results.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground chicken
- ½ cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- ½ small onion, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Mix ground chicken, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, onion, egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Moisten hands and shape chicken mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, into flat, oval-shaped patties.
- 2 Spread remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Roll patties in bread crumbs to coat.
- 3 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4 Cook patties in hot oil until deep brown in color on the bottom, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn patties and cook until other side is browned, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Calories 237.9
- Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Fat 7.8 g
- Fiber 0.8 g
- Protein 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 174.9 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g