- Published Jun 6th
- Ready In1h 55m
N’Awlins Stuffed Bell Peppers Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious N’Awlins Stuffed Bell Peppers for 12 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon file powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 pound cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 pound baby shrimp
- 1 (16 ounce) package unseasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 6 large green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
N’Awlins Stuffed Bell Peppers Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 30m
- Ready In1h 55m
To cook N’Awlins Stuffed Bell Peppers, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this N’Awlins Stuffed Bell Peppers is about 1 hour 30 minutes , and you can serve your N’Awlins Stuffed Bell Peppers within 1 hour 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook N’Awlins Stuffed Bell Peppers easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2 Heat oil in a large pot over low heat. Saute onion, celery and chopped green pepper for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and saute for 2 minutes. Season with parsley, Creole seasoning, file powder, salt and pepper.
- 3 Increase heat to medium high, and add ground beef. Cook until beef is evenly browned. Stir in ham, and cook for 5 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in stuffing mix.
- 4 Stuff each bell pepper half, and lightly sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place stuffed bell pepper halves in ungreased baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Because the stuffing is fully cooked prior to baking, you can reduce the baking time by half (30 to 35 minutes) if you blanch the bell peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes before stuffing.
Per Serving: 498 calories; 24.1 grams of fat; 40.3 grams of carbohydrates; 28.6 grams of protein; 122 milligrams of cholesterol; 1164 milligrams of sodium.