This is a simple new potato side dish that is easy to make. The butter sauce is opaque and silky with a mild onion taste.
- 1 pound new potatoes, halved
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and save about 1/2 cup cooking water in the pot.
- 2 Add 2 or 3 potatoes pieces back into the pot with the cooking water and mash them to thicken the sauce a bit. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in green onions. Return hot potatoes to the pot and stir gently until coated in the sauce.
- 3 Let sit until potatoes soak up the butter sauce, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve hot.
- Calories 308.8
- Carbohydrate 24 g
- Cholesterol 61 mg
- Fat 23.2 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Sodium 179.3 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g