This barbecue sauce tastes exactly like the famous New York State Finger Lakes sauce for chicken that is enjoyed all over Central New York in the summer. Because it uses fat-free mayonnaise instead of the usual oil and egg, the sauce adheres to the chicken better and the finished product is more moist.
- 10 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 In a shallow glass bowl combine the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and vinegar. Whisk until fully blended. Reserve 1/4 of the sauce for basting. Pierce chicken pieces with a fork and add to remaining sauce, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to marinate.
- 2 Lightly oil grill and preheat to medium high.
- 3 Remove chicken pieces from sauce/marinade and grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Baste with reserved sauce while grilling.
- Calories 160.8
- Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Fat 2.6 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Sodium 2121 mg
- Sugar 2.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.