This recipe was given to me by my Italian mother-in-law. It is the type of crustless cheesecake that is sold in Italian bakeries in New York. I usually make it with whole-milk ricotta which is creamier than low fat. This is not a diet item! You can add fresh fruit topping if you desire.
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Move an oven rack to the middle of the oven.
- 2 Beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the butter, flour, cornstarch, and vanilla extract; mix until well combined. Fold in the sour cream and lemon juice. Pour the mixture into an ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 2 more hours. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Run a thin spatula around the edge of the cheesecake before springing open the pan to remove. Serve at room temperature or cold; refrigerate leftovers.
- Calories 452.3
- Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 149.9 mg
- Fat 31.7 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Sodium 215 mg
- Sugar 25.5 g