- Published Jul 23rd
- Ready In8h 30m
Nicola’s Pad Thai Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Nicola’s Pad Thai for 4 servings:
- 2 cups pad Thai rice noodles, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon hot chile paste
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup baby corn, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch paprika for garnish
Nicola’s Pad Thai Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 30m
To cook Nicola’s Pad Thai, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Nicola’s Pad Thai is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Nicola’s Pad Thai within 8 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Nicola’s Pad Thai easily:
- 1 Soak uncooked noodles in 8 cups of water until soft, 8 hours or overnight.
- 2 Drain rice noodles and set aside.
- 3 Whisk together vegetable broth, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, peanut butter, 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, onion powder, tamarind paste, hot chile paste, garlic powder, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ground coriander, ground ginger, salt, and ground black pepper in a saucepan.
- 4 Heat sauce over medium heat until it bubbles; reduce heat to low, and simmer sauce while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- 5 Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large wok over medium heat.
- 6 Cook and stir broccoli, carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, baby corn, mushrooms, and zucchini in the wok until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7 Add the drained noodles and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to vegetables. Cook and stir until noodles are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8 Remove the wok from heat and pour the sauce over vegetables and rice noodles.
- 9 Toss to fully coat the vegetables and rice noodles with sauce.
- 10 Garnish with peanuts, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, and paprika.
- Cook's Note:
- Everyone has a different idea of what pad Thai should taste like, this is as close (vegan) as I have come to my favorite restaurant's take on this wonderful dish. I hope you enjoy.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 24.2 grams of fat; 70.9 grams of carbohydrates; 5.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 467 milligrams of sodium.