- Published Jul 23rd
- Ready In8h 30m
The result of loving pad Thai and endless tweaks to the ingredients lead me to this amazing dish.
Nicola’s Pad Thai Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Nicola’s Pad Thai for 4 servings:
- 2 cups pad Thai rice noodles, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon hot chile paste
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup baby corn, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch paprika for garnish
Nicola’s Pad Thai Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 30m
To cook Nicola’s Pad Thai, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Nicola’s Pad Thai is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Nicola’s Pad Thai within 8 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Nicola’s Pad Thai easily:
- 1 Soak uncooked noodles in 8 cups of water until soft, 8 hours or overnight.
- 2 Drain rice noodles and set aside.
- 3 Whisk together vegetable broth, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, peanut butter, 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, onion powder, tamarind paste, hot chile paste, garlic powder, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ground coriander, ground ginger, salt, and ground black pepper in a saucepan.
- 4 Heat sauce over medium heat until it bubbles; reduce heat to low, and simmer sauce while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- 5 Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large wok over medium heat.
- 6 Cook and stir broccoli, carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, baby corn, mushrooms, and zucchini in the wok until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7 Add the drained noodles and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to vegetables. Cook and stir until noodles are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8 Remove the wok from heat and pour the sauce over vegetables and rice noodles.
- 9 Toss to fully coat the vegetables and rice noodles with sauce.
- 10 Garnish with peanuts, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, and paprika.
- Cook's Note:
- Everyone has a different idea of what pad Thai should taste like, this is as close (vegan) as I have come to my favorite restaurant's take on this wonderful dish. I hope you enjoy.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 24.2 grams of fat; 70.9 grams of carbohydrates; 5.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 467 milligrams of sodium.