If you love chocolate and coconut, this is the only dessert for you! A rich and refreshing chocolate and coconut dream! Note: To toast coconut, spread in shallow pan and bake in 375 degree oven, 10 minutes or until golden.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ½ cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 (1.3 ounce) envelopes whipped topping mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 1 Have ready a greased 9 inch pie plate. In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in chopped chocolate until melted. Reserve 1/4 cup toasted coconut and set aside. Mix remaining 1 1/4 cup toasted coconut into chocolate mixture. Press coated coconut over bottom and up sides of pie plate. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until firm.
- 2 In a medium bowl, beat topping mix and 1 cup of milk with mixer until soft peaks form. reserve 1 cup for garnish and set aside in refrigerator. to the remaining whipped topping, beat in pudding mix and remaining 1 1/2 cup milk. Beat until mixture mounds when dropped from beaters.
- 3 Arrange banana slices on bottom and up the side of pie shell. Spoon chocolate pudding mixture over bananas. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to set. To serve, garnish with reserved whipped topping, toasted coconut and the cherries.
- Calories 368
- Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Fat 16 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Sugar 35 g