- Published Oct 4th
- Ready In1h 30m
No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna for 8 servings:
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- hot water as needed
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 30m
To cook No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna is about 1 hour , and you can serve your No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna within 1 hour 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a deep 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 2 Slice zucchini lengthwise into very thin slices. Sprinkle slices lightly with salt; set aside to drain in a colander.
- 3 To prepare the meat sauce, cook and stir ground beef and black pepper in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add in green pepper and onion; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, wine, basil, and oregano, adding a small amount of hot water if sauce is too thick. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer sauce for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4 Meanwhile, stir egg, ricotta, and parsley together in a bowl until well combined.
- 5 To assemble lasagna, spread 1/2 of the meat sauce into the bottom of prepared pan. Then layer 1/2 the zucchini slices, 1/2 the ricotta mixture, all of the spinach, followed by all of the mushrooms, then 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Repeat by layering the remaining meat sauce, zucchini slices, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Spread Parmesan cheese evenly over the top; cover with foil.
- 6 Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil; raise oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note
- The lasagna can be assembled a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake. You may need to lengthen baking time.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 494 calories; 27.3 grams of fat; 23.2 grams of carbohydrates; 41.3 grams of protein; 118 milligrams of cholesterol; 2200 milligrams of sodium.