A delicious twist on taco night, this hearty noodle toss can be garnished to taste with your favourite Tex Mex fixings, such as crumbled tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded lettuce, green onion and diced tomatoes.
- ½ (12 ounce) package NO YOLKS® Extra Broad Noodles
- ½ pound extra lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 package (35 gram) sodium-reduced taco seasoning
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Tex Mex cheese blend
- 1 Prepare the noodles according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- 2 Return the pot to the burner and set over medium heat. Add the beef and onion. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat until browned. Stir in the seasoning and tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir the noodles and cheese into with the beef mixture until gooey. Spoon into bowls and garnish to taste.
- Calories 508.2
- Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Fat 27.5 g
- Fiber 4.9 g
- Protein 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Sodium 1080.5 mg
- Sugar 0.8 g