The added protein from black beans adds a fibre boost and also allows you to use less ground chicken in this budget conscious variation on the traditional taco supper.
- ½ (12 ounce) package NO YOLKS® Broad Noodles
- ½ pound lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup mild or medium salsa
- 1 cup canned no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped green onions and low fat sour cream
- 1 Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- 2 Meanwhile, brown the chicken with the onion, green pepper, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a large, deep nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- 3 Add the salsa, black beans, and broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked noodles until coated. Serve with shredded Cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream and additional salsa to garnish individual bowls at the table.
- Calories 405.1
- Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Fat 7.7 g
- Fiber 8.3 g
- Protein 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Sodium 720.7 mg
- Sugar 8.1 g