Nothing says comfort like a golden, bubbly, delicious tuna casserole made with always smooth, firm and delicious NO YOLKS® Noodles.
- 6 ounces NO YOLKS® Extra Broad Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add olive oil to a 7-quart stock pot, and saute mushrooms, celery, onions and garlic powder for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce and thyme sprig and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese and noodles, stirring until creamy and smooth. Sprinkle flour over top of mixture. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in tuna and peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on Cheddar cheese and topping mixture. Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Calories 482.6
- Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Fat 19 g
- Fiber 4.8 g
- Protein 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Sodium 762 mg
- Sugar 5.8 g