- Published Sep 11th
- Ready In45m
Noodle Bowls Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Noodle Bowls for 4 servings:
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried cellophane (glass) noodles
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 head heart of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, slivered
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste, or to taste
Noodle Bowls Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Noodle Bowls, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Noodle Bowls easily:
- 1 Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with very hot water. Let stand until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and chop into shorter lengths.
- 2 Grind peanuts into a coarse, chunky meal using a food processor or mortar and pestle.
- 3 Combine noodles, peanuts, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, and green onions in a large bowl. Serve soy sauce and wasabi paste alongside.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 sweet potato for the carrots if desired.
- You can also serve the ingredients in separate bowls and let each person assemble his or her own noodle bowl.
- Though this is a traditional Vietnamese dish, I find it extremely difficult to get my hands on a good fish sauce. I've learned that, in a pinch, the soy and wasabi dressing is so much easier to keep on hand, and everyone loves it! I highly recommend each person combine the soy sauce and wasabi individually (sushi-style), as everyone has his/her own version of what proportion of wasabi they enjoy and can tolerate.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 18.7 grams of fat; 69.9 grams of carbohydrates; 13.8 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 1874 milligrams of sodium.