This German noodle recipe combines ham, Swiss cheese, cream, and tomato paste.
- 1 (16 ounce) package mostaccioli pasta
- 1 (1 pound) pre-cooked ham steak, diced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain well. Place the pasta in a large bowl.
- 2 Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook the ham in the skillet for 3 minutes. Add the cream, sugar, tomato paste, soy sauce, and salt; stir. Reduce heat to medium low and cook and stir until the mixture reaches a low boil.
- 3 Pour the sauce over the drained pasta. Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the top of the pasta; stir until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Calories 699.2
- Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Fat 38.6 g
- Fiber 3.6 g
- Protein 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Sodium 1600.5 mg
- Sugar 16.8 g