- Published Jul 24th
Norwegian Flat Bread Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Norwegian Flat Bread for 12 servings:
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
Norwegian Flat Bread Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Norwegian Flat Bread easily:
- 1 In a large bowl combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oil, baking soda, and salt. Add enough buttermilk to make a stiff dough.
- 2 Knead dough for 30 seconds on a well-floured surface.
- 3 Cover dough to prevent drying. Roll 1/4 cup handfuls of dough into balls and pat into a flat circle. Using a rolling pin, flatten dough into 10 inch circles. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet. Score pieces into pie shapes by running a knife along but not through dough. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- 4 Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack briefly before breaking along scored lines.
Per Serving: 142 calories; 5.1 grams of fat; 21 grams of carbohydrates; 3.8 grams of protein; 0 milligram of cholesterol; 219 milligrams of sodium.