Small pie like cookies with a nut filling. Mini muffin tins may be used. These can also be frozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 To make Pastry: Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add the 6 tablespoons white sugar, 2 cups flour and blend well.
- 2 Shape into balls about 1 inch in diameter (flour palms of hands to facilitate rolling). Place ball in greased tartlet pan and flatten. Should fill pan by 3/4.
- 3 To Make Filling: Mix together vanilla, egg, brown sugar, and chopped nuts.
- 4 After flattening ball in tartlet tin make a thumb print in center and fill with a full 1/2 teaspoon of nut filling.
- 5 Bake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 17 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Calories 245.2
- Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Fat 16.4 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Sodium 96.7 mg
- Sugar 12 g