- Published Aug 31st
- Ready In1h 35m
Nutella® Banana Split Bread Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Nutella® Banana Split Bread for 8 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella®)
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Nutella® Banana Split Bread Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 35m
To cook Nutella® Banana Split Bread, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Nutella® Banana Split Bread is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Nutella® Banana Split Bread within 1 hour 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Nutella® Banana Split Bread easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 2 Whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Combine bananas and cream in another bowl.
- 3 Cream sugar and butter in a third bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the banana mixture, beating batter briefly after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 4 Place chocolate-hazelnut spread in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High until melted, about 25 seconds. Pour over the batter in the pan and swirl in with a knife.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- 6 While the bread is baking, whisk the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter, and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla and cook until a bit thicker, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour sauce into a jar and refrigerate until cold.
- 7 Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with caramel sauce.
Per Serving: 732 calories; 35.5 grams of fat; 102.4 grams of carbohydrates; 7 grams of protein; 79 milligrams of cholesterol; 316 milligrams of sodium.