This is the only way my family will eat lentils. It is fast, healthy, inexpensive and tastes good!
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped green olives
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Place lentils in a large pot with enough water to cover be a few inches. Bring to a boil, and cook until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water in a colander to cool. Let stand for a few minutes to drain well.
- 2 In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the red pepper, onion and green olives, and toss to blend. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving to blend the flavors. This salad tastes better the longer it sits.
- Calories 210.6
- Carbohydrate 21 g
- Fat 10.6 g
- Fiber 10.2 g
- Protein 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Sodium 482.7 mg
- Sugar 1.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.