Spiced toasted rolled oats, nuts, and seeds (your choice!) are mixed with honey, butter, and chocolate powdered drink mix for this delicious granola.
- 4 cups regular rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (such as pecans, pistachios, walnuts, etc.)
- ¼ cup seeds (such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 packet Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Rich Milk Chocolate Powdered Drink Mix
- 1 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, dried cherries, or dried cranberries, etc.)
- 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine oats, coarsely chopped nuts, seeds, apple pie spice and salt; set aside.
- 2 In a small saucepan combine coconut oil and honey until coconut butter melts. Stir in Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Rich Milk Chocolate Powdered Drink Mix. Drizzle over the oats mixture; toss to coat. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- 3 Bake about 20 minutes or until light brown, stirring after 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in dried fruit.
- 4 Spread granola on a large piece of foil to cool. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. (Or place in freezer bags and freeze up to 2 months.
- Calories 150.8
- Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Fat 6.4 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 30 mg
- Sugar 10.2 g