- Published Aug 8th
- Ready In2h 13m
Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars (Clean Eating) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars (Clean Eating) for 20 servings:
- 1 1/4 cups almonds, divided
- 1 1/4 cups sunflower seeds, divided
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars (Clean Eating) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 13m
To cook Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars (Clean Eating), you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars (Clean Eating) is about 3 minutes , and you can serve your Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars (Clean Eating) within 2 hours 13 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars (Clean Eating) easily:
- 1 Place 3/4 cups almonds and 3/4 cups sunflower seeds into a food processor; chop until nuts are in 1/4-inch pieces, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from food processor and pour in a bowl. Place the remaining almonds and sunflower seeds into the food processor; roughly chop into larger pieces, about 1 minute. Mix remaining nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, and dried apricot into the 1/4-inch nuts until fruit and nut mixture is combined.
- 2 Combine coconut oil, honey, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt in a sauce pan over medium-low heat; cook until the coconut oil mixture bubbles and turns a lighter color, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3 Pour coconut oil mixture over the fruit and nut mixture; stir until the granola mixture takes on the consistency of wet sand, about 1 minute.
- 4 Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Pour granola mixture onto the sheet; place a second sheet of waxed paper on top of the granola mixture. Push down on the waxed paper with you hands until the granola mixture has been evenly spread. Pack tightly to ensure that the granola will not fall apart.
- 5 Cool until granola has hardened, 2 to 3 hours. Cut into bars.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any assorted nuts of your choice can be substituted for the almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Any preferred dried fruit can substituted for the dried apricots.
- If you prefer a crunchy granola bar over a soft chewy one, cook the coconut oil mixture longer.
- When placing the granola bars into the baking sheet, you may either use elbow grease to press the mixture until it is packed nice and tightly, or you can use a secondary cookie pan instead.
- Placing the granola in the freezer for 20 minutes can be substituted for sitting out for 2 to 3 hours.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 31.5 grams of fat; 17.9 grams of carbohydrates; 4.7 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 64 milligrams of sodium.