- Published Oct 20th
- Ready In1h 20m
October Apple Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious October Apple Pie for 8 servings:
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and diced
- 9 caramel squares, quartered
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
October Apple Pie Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook October Apple Pie, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this October Apple Pie is about 50 minutes , and you can serve your October Apple Pie within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook October Apple Pie easily:
- 1 In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, sugars, spices, flour, butter, and caramels. Stir to coat fruit evenly.
- 2 Roll dough out, and cut out two crusts. Line a pie plate with one of the crusts. Spoon filling into the bottom crust, and cover with the top crust. Crimp the edges. Place the pie on a baking sheet covered with foil. Poke fork holes over top. Sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- 3 Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 50 minutes. If you notice overbrowning after 30 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 14.4 grams of fat; 63.7 grams of carbohydrates; 2.7 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 191 milligrams of sodium.