These French baked eggs with smoked salmon are to die for and a true gourmet breakfast. The difficulty when baking eggs is to get the whites cooked evenly yet have the yolk still be runny. That’s why the eggs are baked in two stages: first just the egg white is baked with cream and salmon, and the yolk is added later. Scale up the recipe as needed.
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, or as needed
- 1 slice smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1 egg, separated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch chopped fresh dill
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Fill a small ramekin a third of the way with heavy cream. Add smoked salmon strips and egg white. Season with salt and pepper. Place ramekin into a casserole dish and pour enough boiling water into the casserole dish so it reaches about halfway up the ramekin.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until egg white is just set, about 10 minutes.
- 4 Remove casserole dish from the oven and carefully slide egg yolk into ramekin. Sprinkle with dill and bake until egg yolk is hot but still runny, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Calories 250.1
- Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 231.3 mg
- Fat 22.1 g
- Protein 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Sodium 453.7 mg
- Sugar 0.4 g