This is exactly like the soup at ‘OG.’
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic puree
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 pound russet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ bunch kale, chopped
- 1 Combine sausage and red pepper flakes in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until sausage is brown and crumbled, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain excess fat; place in a bowl.
- 2 Cook onion, bacon, and garlic in the same skillet over medium-low heat until bacon is crisp and onions are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3 Combine water and chicken bouillon cubes in a large pot; bring to a boil. Stir in potatoes; cook and stir until soft, about 15 minutes. Pour in cream; simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add sausage, onion mixture, and kale; cook and stir until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Calories 442.3
- Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Fat 32.6 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Sodium 1780.4 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.