- Published Sep 11th
Okra Stew with Shrimp Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Okra Stew with Shrimp for 4 servings:
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped okra
- 3 tomatoes - blanched, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green chile pepper
Okra Stew with Shrimp Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Okra Stew with Shrimp easily:
- 1 Place shrimp in mixing bowl and squeeze lime juice on top, trying to coat shrimp evenly.
- 2 Heat butter in a stock pot and saute the green pepper with shallots or chives for 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in corn, okra, tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaf and chili pepper. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3 Add the shrimp, return to a boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf and chili before serving.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 13.3 grams of fat; 23.1 grams of carbohydrates; 27.1 grams of protein; 173 milligrams of cholesterol; 337 milligrams of sodium.