This recipe was given to me by my best friend. It is wonderful, comforting and smells great as it bakes!
- 2 pounds cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- salt to taste
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Roll one ball out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Roll out top crust and set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine chicken, vegetables, potato soup and milk. Season with pepper, thyme, parsley and salt to taste. Pour filling into pie shell. Cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut several slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Calories 702.1
- Carbohydrate 39 g
- Cholesterol 120.9 mg
- Fat 40.1 g
- Fiber 5.7 g
- Protein 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Sodium 897.8 mg
- Sugar 1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.