After a long day at work, this ground turkey black bean soup is a quick and easy meal that can fill the hungriest of tummies! They are bound to come running as the delicious smells start wafting through the house. Perfect for any manic Monday! Serve with corn chips on the side and a dollop of sour cream on top.
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash®)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ⅓ teaspoon smoked paprika, or to taste
- 1 dash curry powder
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Taco Bell®)
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (1 pound) package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, garlic, salt-free seasoning, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, curry powder, and cumin. Cook and stir until turkey is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2 Reduce heat to medium-low and add chicken stock, salsa, chili beans, black beans, hominy, olives, and hot sauce. Stir and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have combined, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3 Whisk condensed Cheddar cheese soup into the stockpot. Remove from heat when soup is melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Top each bowl with 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Calories 376
- Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.9 mg
- Fat 21.7 g
- Fiber 5.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Sodium 1442.8 mg
- Sugar 3.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.