This is a simple chicken and rice dish from Lebanon that is eaten regularly in the region.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces diced onion
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Heat olive oil in a heavy, oven-safe skillet over high heat. Cook chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken breasts from skillet and set aside. Add onion and ground beef to the skillet; cook until onions are starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with cinnamon, allspice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3 Stir rice into the skillet until fully coated with oil and spices. Place chicken breasts on top of the rice and pour in broth. Cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until rice has absorbed all liquid, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- Calories 680.2
- Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Fat 27.1 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 44 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Sodium 1420.8 mg
- Sugar 2.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.