Spread this savory onion relish over your favorite meats and fish. It’s great for a barbeque!
- ¾ pound onion, cut into wedges and separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir the onions and butter until onions are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- 2 Mix red wine vinegar, salt, ground black pepper and white sugar with the onions and butter. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens to a chunky, spreadable consistency, about 10 minutes. Refrigerate until serving.
- Calories 47.7
- Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Fat 2.9 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 240.2 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g