- Published Jun 15th
- Ready In2h
Orange Blintzes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Orange Blintzes for 4 servings:
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package small curd cottage cheese
- 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Orange Blintzes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h
To cook Orange Blintzes, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Orange Blintzes is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Orange Blintzes within 2 hours . The following are the steps to cook Orange Blintzes easily:
- 1 Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of orange zest, salt, and flour in a small bowl. Combine milk and yogurt in a separate bowl. Stir in olive oil and mix until smooth. Beat 4 eggs in a large bowl, then add orange juice. Stir in the yogurt mixture followed by the flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Allow batter to rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 2 Beat 1 egg with 3 tablespoons of sugar, then add butter and cottage cheese, mixing until smooth. Stir in the bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of orange zest. Refrigerate until the batter is ready.
- 3 Lightly butter a 6 inch skillet, and heat over medium heat. For each crepe, pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet, and immediately rotate the skillet until the batter evenly coats the bottom in a thin layer. Cook until the top of the crepe is no longer wet and the bottom has turned light brown. Run a spatula around the edge of the skillet to loosen; flip the crepe, and cook until the other side has turned light brown. Stack the crepes in a clean kitchen towel, placing waxed paper between each.
- 4 Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling onto the golden side of the crepe. Roll the crepe up and repeat until all the blintzes are made. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet and fry 4 to 5 blintzes at a time until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
Per Serving: 611 calories; 30.8 grams of fat; 55.5 grams of carbohydrates; 27.8 grams of protein; 282 milligrams of cholesterol; 1057 milligrams of sodium.