- Published Nov 30th
- Ready In3h 25m
Orange-Cranberry Bundt® Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Orange-Cranberry Bundt® Cake for 12 servings:
- 1 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved or coarsely chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Orange-Cranberry Bundt® Cake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In3h 25m
To cook Orange-Cranberry Bundt® Cake, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Orange-Cranberry Bundt® Cake is about 50 minutes , and you can serve your Orange-Cranberry Bundt® Cake within 3 hours 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Orange-Cranberry Bundt® Cake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- 2 Vigorously whisk together milk, zest, juice, oil, applesauce, flax seeds, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk until well combined, then whisk in vanilla.
- 3 Use a fine mesh strainer to sift in about half of flour and all of baking powder, salt, and baking soda, then stir until well combined. Sift in remaining flour and stir until smooth. Fold in cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4 Bake until top is puffed and firm to touch, cake starts to pull away from pan sides, and a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then loosen cake with a small metal spatula, invert on a cooling rack, and cool completely, about 2 hours.
- 5 Put confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Add juice, oil, and vanilla and stir vigorously, until thick and smooth but pourable. (Thin with water or a little more juice if needed.)
- 6 Put a sheet of wax paper under rack with cake. Drizzle glaze over cake, letting excess drip off. Let stand until set, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If confectioners' sugar is clumpy, it needs to be sifted.
- Cake will keep 3 days, chilled, covered. It can also be frozen whole or sliced, well wrapped in plastic wrap and a layer of foil, up to 3 months.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 8.2 grams of fat; 68.7 grams of carbohydrates; 3.3 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 254 milligrams of sodium.