Great-tasting roast turkey flavor. Cook an 8-pound turkey breast on the weekend and enjoy flavorful turkey sandwiches all week. Can also be used on a full-size turkey. Cooking time is about 15 minutes per pound. If desired, make 1 cup seasoned butter and add 2 tablespoons to your turkey gravy.
- 2 quarts water
- 5 oranges - juiced and zest cut off in large strips
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 12 black tea bags
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- 1 cup bourbon whiskey
- 4 quarts cold water, or as needed
- 1 (8 pound) whole turkey breast
- Seasoned Butter:
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Pour 2 quarts of water into a large soup pot and stir in orange juice and zest, kosher salt, sugar, black tea bags, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, and bourbon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix 4 quarts cold water into brine and let cool. Submerge turkey breast in brine, adding more water if needed to cover. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Set oven rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- 3 Remove turkey from marinade; discard marinade. Rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Mix coriander seeds, paprika, cumin seeds, and garlic into softened butter in a bowl.
- 4 Loosen the skin over turkey breast with your fingers and spread 1/4 cup of seasoned butter beneath the skin. Rub remaining 2 tablespoons seasoned butter over the turkey breast. Place turkey breast onto a roasting rack and set rack into a roasting pan.
- 5 Roast in the preheated oven until skin is golden brown and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 2 hours. Transfer to a cutting board and let turkey breast rest 30 minutes before slicing.
- Calories 508.1
- Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Fat 15.2 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 58.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Sodium 16285.5 mg
- Sugar 16.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.