I make this every Christmas and usually give them as gifts. They are an easy, no-bake treat and taste wonderful! Substitute orange juice for the non-alcoholic version of this.
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (such as Oreo®), filling discarded
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¼ cup chocolate sprinkles, or as needed
- 1 Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl for 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until almost melted, 1 to 3 minutes. Mix crushed wafers, corn syrup, and rum into melted chocolate until well combined.
- 2 Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 1 hour.
- 3 Shape into 24 balls and roll in chocolate sprinkles to coat. Place in a covered container and refrigerate for 2 days to allow flavors to develop.
- Calories 76.6
- Carbohydrate 12 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Fat 2.5 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Sodium 54.5 mg
- Sugar 3.9 g