Surprise your guests with this delicioso appetizer! This Mexican shrimp cocktail begins any taco, enchilada, burrito, or tostada night with a bang! Don’t expect to have anything left over but an empty dish. Try it without the shrimp for those who don’t like seafood. Serve with saltine crackers or tortilla chips as an alternative! Enjoy!
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), diced
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup tomato and clam juice cocktail
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tapatio®)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp - thawed, peeled, and deveined
- 2 ripe avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 Mix roma tomatoes, sweet onion, ketchup, tomato and clam juice cocktail, salsa, cilantro, salsa verde, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and garlic in a glass salad bowl; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. Cut tails from shrimp, if present, and gently fold into tomato mixture; stir avocado into shrimp cocktail.
- Calories 333
- Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Fat 16 g
- Fiber 9 g
- Protein 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Sodium 934.9 mg
- Sugar 13.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.