This is a simple recipe that everyone loves. For a quick Mediterranean macaroni and cheese, omit the basil. Easily doubled, too!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- 2 Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- 3 Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to shallow bowl. Garnish with basil sprigs.
- Calories 298.6
- Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Fat 9.4 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Protein 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Sodium 196.7 mg
- Sugar 2.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.