My 9-year-old son said ‘Mom, you have to share this with America!’ It’s a huge hit at our house and easy to make.
- 5 ½ pounds McIntosh apples - peeled, cored, and chopped
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Blend apples in batches in a blender until no large chunks remain.
- 2 Combine blended apples, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger in a slow cooker.
- 3 Cook uncovered on High for 1 hour. Place cover on slow cooker and continue cooking, stirring about twice per hour, until smooth, 6 to 8 hours. Remove the cover and continue cooking and stirring until thick and spreadable, 2 to 4 hours.
- 4 Spoon into jars leaving about an inch of space at the top; seal and freeze.
- Calories 58.5
- Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Fat 0.1 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Sugar 13 g