These delicious kebabs are guaranteed to be a big hit! This recipe has been in my husband’s family for generations. Serve with basmati rice or naan.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or more as needed
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, or more to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper, or more to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion and 1 tablespoon of the oil from the skillet to a food processor and puree until smooth. Reserve remaining oil in the skillet.
- 3 Place onion puree, beef, egg, yogurt, garlic paste, ginger paste, coriander, salt, and red pepper in a bowl. Mix by hand to combine. Form beef mixture into 4 to 5-inch-long kebabs using oiled hands. Arrange in a baking pan.
- 4 Saute cumin seeds in the reserved oil over medium-high heat until blackened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, and salt; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more. Pour the sauce over the kebabs. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until beef is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Uncover and turn on the broiler. Broil until brown, about 5 minutes more.
- Calories 340.8
- Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.1 mg
- Fat 22.3 g
- Fiber 2.4 g
- Protein 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Sodium 1990 mg
- Sugar 4.4 g