A delicious Faux Fried favorite with all age groups.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut okra
- butter flavored cooking spray
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place a baking rack on top of a baking sheet or sheet pan.
- 2 Cook the frozen okra in the microwave using your microwave's frozen vegetable setting, or on high for 8 minutes. Drain and cool on paper towels, about 5 to 10 minutes. Spray generously with butter flavored cooking spray. Add the cornmeal, panko bread crumbs, garlic salt, and pepper to a plastic food storage bag. Place the okra into the bag and shake to coat the okra with the cornmeal mixture.
- 3 Remove the okra from the bag and spread it on the prepared baking rack. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and crispy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 95.2
- Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Fat 2 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Sodium 263.5 mg
- Sugar 3.5 g