Small cast iron or nonstick skillets make it easy to serve raclette for a group. For this party, we warmed individual cheese portions in 3 1/2-inch cast iron skillets. Tie a towel around the handle of each skillet to warn guests they’re hot. Serve with roasted winter root vegetables, crusty bread, and cornichons.
- 1 ½ pounds raclette cheese, rinds removed
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Arrange raclette cheese in six 3- to 4-inch or one 8- to 10-inch cast iron skillet(s), cutting wedges to fit as necessary.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is softened but still slightly firm in center, 5 to 10 minutes. Use a ventilation fan while baking; the cheese is pungent!
- 4 Sprinkle cheese with thyme and pepper to serve.
- Calories 425.6
- Carbohydrate 6 g
- Cholesterol 103 mg
- Fat 31.1 g
- Protein 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Sodium 215 mg
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.