A pasta dish with Oysters from a jar that is the only way I do oysters…in a macaroni and cheese casserole.
- 1 ½ cups seashell pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 ounce) jar oysters, drained and cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the seashell pasta, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the cheese soup, salt and mustard. Mix in the macaroni and oysters so they are evenly distributed. Spoon half of the mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with half of the Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining oyster mixture and remaining cheese.
- 3 Bake covered for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Then uncover, and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Calories 372.1
- Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 77 mg
- Fat 20.7 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Sodium 1113 mg
- Sugar 2.1 g