- Published Dec 21st
- Ready In35m
Oyster Stew Christmas Eve Recipe Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Oyster Stew Christmas Eve Recipe for 6 servings:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 pints half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) can oysters
- 2 dashes Louisiana-style hot sauce
Oyster Stew Christmas Eve Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Oyster Stew Christmas Eve Recipe, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Oyster Stew Christmas Eve Recipe is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Oyster Stew Christmas Eve Recipe within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Oyster Stew Christmas Eve Recipe easily:
- 1 Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until it begins to foam.
- 2 Cook and stir the celery, onion, and red bell pepper in the hot butter until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir the half-and-half and parsley through the vegetable mixture; season with salt and black pepper.
- 4 Continue cooking until the mixture just begins to boil; add the oysters and any liquid from the can to the stew along with Louisiana-style hot sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the oysters begin to curl, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 5 Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the stew to sit 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 30.3 grams of fat; 11.8 grams of carbohydrates; 9.2 grams of protein; 114 milligrams of cholesterol; 209 milligrams of sodium.