- Published Jan 13th
- Ready In25m
Oyster Stew for One or Two Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Oyster Stew for One or Two for 2 servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 inch) celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh shucked oysters, undrained
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
Oyster Stew for One or Two Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Oyster Stew for One or Two, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Oyster Stew for One or Two is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Oyster Stew for One or Two within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Oyster Stew for One or Two easily:
- 1 Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed skillet or wok over medium-high heat; cook and stir the celery and garlic in the butter until the celery is soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the flour and stir, scraping the bottom of pan until flour is lightly toasted. Slowly add the milk and half-and-half to the roux, stirring constantly. Stir the onion powder, parsley, and salt into the mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue cooking and stirring until the mixture bubbles and thickens, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2 Add the oysters with the liquid from the container to the mixture; cook until the edges of the oysters curl, about 5 minutes more. Season with pepper just before serving.
Per Serving: 325 calories; 20.4 grams of fat; 17.8 grams of carbohydrates; 17.5 grams of protein; 113 milligrams of cholesterol; 871 milligrams of sodium.