Delicious paella! You could add additional crab, scallops and mussels if you would like. Place them into the casserole dish during step #5.
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 pinch saffron
- 5 cups boiling chicken broth
- 1 pound small shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Dredge the chicken in flour and salt and pepper. In a large skillet, fry the chicken in 1/4 cup olive oil until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- 3 In a large skillet, brown chorizo sausage. Set aside.
- 4 Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and fry onion and garlic until onions are tender. Add chopped tomatoes and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add rice to the skillet and mix well. This glazes the rice.
- 5 Put rice mixture, chicken, and sausage in large covered casserole dish. Add can of clams, peas, saffron, chicken broth and shrimp. Cover casserole dish.
- 6 Bake until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. You may need to add more broth if rice is not done.
- 7 Arrange clams and mussels on top of rice and bake for another 10 minutes. Before serving, discard any clams that do not open.
- Calories 1138.2
- Carbohydrate 96.5 g
- Cholesterol 268.1 mg
- Fat 45.4 g
- Fiber 5.1 g
- Protein 79.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Sodium 1219.7 mg
- Sugar 5.3 g