This is a slightly spicy Pakistani dish of chicken and potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon round red chile pepper, minced, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 (3 pound) broiler/fryer chicken, cut up and skin removed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 Heat vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat. Stir in garlic paste and ginger; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add the minced chile, cumin, salt, and yogurt.
- 2 Stir in chicken pieces and bell pepper. Cover pot and simmer over low heat, until the oil separates and chicken is mostly cooked, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3 Mix in potatoes; add a little water, if necessary. Cook on low heat until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes more. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
- Calories 674.5
- Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 170.9 mg
- Fat 41.6 g
- Fiber 3.5 g
- Protein 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Sodium 232.6 mg
- Sugar 2.3 g